Internships at Motiga
Come learn and work at Motiga! Hone your skills alongside some of the game industry’s most talented programmers, animators, engineers, and artists. We have internship opportunities in a wide array of disciplines—everything you’d expect from a thriving game studio. If you’ve got an abundance of creativity and passion, an internship at Motiga can give you real-world experience and a power-up for your future career.
We offer a variety of technical and nontechnical internship experiences throughout the year, though most of our hiring takes place during spring and summer. You’re eligible to apply for our internship opportunities after you complete your freshman year.
Perks of Being a Motiga Intern
- You get paid!
- Work with a talented, experienced, cohesive team of game developers
- Flexible environment that encourages your ideas and your talent
- Top-of-the-line computers and peripherals
- Participate in company events
- Motiga apparel and promotional items
- Free snacks, tea, and coffee
- Playtest every day! (Cue urgent shouts, gales of laughter, and exclamations of victory or defeat.)
How to Apply
Send us a cover letter (your “pitch,” basically), your resume, and a portfolio or other work samples. Also tell us what games you’re playing—we want to know about you and your aspirations in the gaming field. Be creative when applying!
- Q: Do I have to be a US citizen to apply?
A: No, but you’ve got to be eligible to work in Bellevue, WA, because that’s where the studio is. If you already have a visa, then you’re eligible. Motiga does not provide interns with visa assistance or sponsorship.
- Q: Do you have internships year round?
A: We have opportunities for full-time interns during the spring and summer months (a 12-week program). We also have part-time internship programs throughout the year (20 hours per week).
- Q: How many internship opportunities are available?
A: We don’t have an exact number of potential openings. It depends on our current workload and the space available in our studio.
- Q: Would it be better to apply earlier?
A: It would be best to apply as soon as we announce internship opportunities. We want to be sure that we are fair with everyone interested in Motiga internships. Keep an eye on the website for announcements!
- Q: Can you give me feedback on my application if I was not selected for an internship?
A: Given the number of applicants we hear from, it is difficult for us to provide feedback on every candidate.